Accounting ManagerVALLEY PUBLIC TELEVISION
Effective Date: May 21, 2018
Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Responsible to: CFO
The position summary describes current duties and responsibilities for which the employee will be held accountable and evaluated upon. The bulleted items represent some, but not all, of the performance measures, which may be used in evaluating performance. Job duties and responsibilities below may change from time to time, at the sole discretion of the organization, as other needs may arise.
This is a full-time Accounting position with ValleyPBS responsible for oversight of all accounting functions including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Human Resource functions, as well as additional duties as required to support the CFO.
• Oversee Accounting Dept. functions, including G/L closing, budget maintenance, variance analysis.
• Preparation of monthly financial reports.
• Supervise Accounting Asst.
• Oversee HR functions, including benefit coordination, Employee Handbook updates, 403(b) Pension Plan, performance evaluations.
• Oversee grant compliance and reporting.
• Audit workpaper preparation and oversight of annual audit.
• General office management functions including all insurance renewals.
• Completion of all tax reporting (property, sales, welfare exemption, etc.)
• Maintain strict confidentiality with other staff members and the outside public in all accounting and station business matters.
• Successful leadership and teamwork to meet department’s goals.
• Work cooperatively with staff toward fulfillment of the station’s mission, goals and objectives.
• Professional and positive attitude with staff, customers, volunteers and vendors.
• Maintain accurate and timely records.
• Take direction from CFO in carrying out responsibilities.
• Timely and appropriate communication with management regarding financial matters.
• Consistent dependability in attendance and effective utilization of time.
• BS Accounting and minimum of 5 years experience.
• Non-profit accounting experience a plus.
• Experience in Solomon accounting software preferred, but not required.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of accrual basis of accounting and job costing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to alter and/or extend work hours from time to time to include special projects and events.
• Must have a valid CA driver’s license.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive list of work requirements. Individuals may perform duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, as relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. Salary commensurate with experience.