Administrative Services CoordinatorUniversity of Iowa
The College of Nursing seeks applicants to join the Finance and Operations team as a full-time (100%) Administrative Services Coordinator (PAA1 pay level 2B) to support the vision, mission, and goals of the college by providing outstanding service to our visitors, faculty, staff, and students. The Administrative Services Coordinator is the first point of contact for the college and reports to the Budget Officer. This position provides day-to-day operational and administrative support, accounting support including cash control, manages space and facilities, among other duties. Impeccable customer service and interpersonal skills exercising discretion and independent judgment are required to be successful in this role. The schedule for this opening is a first shift, Monday-Friday at the College of Nursing Building. A basic level of proficiency is expected in the following University of Iowa Universal Competencies
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and respectful manner while appreciating the unique contribution of an inclusive workforce that brings together the talents of people across multiple identities, including: race, creed, color, religion, national origins, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preferences.
Collaboration/Positive Impact: Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner and utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs. A working level of proficiency is expected in the following University of Iowa Universal Competency.
Service Excellence/Customer Focus: Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers.
About the University of Iowa College of Nursing:
With a national reputation for excellence, the University of Iowa College of Nursing is one of the premier institutions in the country for nursing education. The UI College of Nursing has received national recognition by U.S. News & World Report ranking seven of its graduate programs in the top 15 in the nation (in comparison to all public and private schools). The college’s innovative undergraduate programs are taught by world-renowned faculty who have been widely recognized for their contributions in advancing the nursing profession.
The University of Iowa offers a full array of benefits to its employees that adds significantly to the value of your compensation package. Information about the University’s flexible benefit options can be found on the University Human Resources site.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six months or more professional administrative/office experience including working in a high volume, public contact setting which includes in-person (walk-in), email and telephone contact.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated competency and experience using Microsoft Office software, including; Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook in addition to internet search engines and web based software.
- Knowledge of and experience with University of Iowa Policies and Procedures.
- Experience working in an academic institution.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on posting end date.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.