Administrative Services CoordinatorUniversity of Iowa
The University of Iowa
Tippie College of Business
The Career Partnership Center at the Tippie College of Business is seeking an Administrative Services Coordinator. This position is responsible for supporting the new Tippie College of Business Career Partnership Center’s office operations data collection and employer partnerships. Core areas include management of front-line customer service, administrative support to the Executive Director, student employment data collection and reporting, and support of employer events and alumni campus visits. This position plays a critical role in the ranking of college programs and supports the Career Partnership Center’s culture of exceptional service, pro-activity, and collaboration.
About Tippie College of Business
As a Top-25 public business school, we’re known for our academic rigor, our work ethic, and our Iowa-nice culture. We are over 3,000 students in programs spanning BBA to PhD. We are six academic departments: accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management and entrepreneurship, and business analytics. We are eight centers and institutes, and three student-managed endowment funds. We are 50,000 alumni and growing. We hold the gold standard of accreditations, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), and have maintained the accreditation since 1923. Our leadership is forward-thinking and pioneering, and our advisory boards serve as eyes and ears to industry.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Typically one year experience in a professional administrative support role or coordinator function
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook) and demonstrates an advanced knowledge of Excel (advanced formatting, formulas, features, and facilities)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in superior customer service in a professional setting
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Demonstrated constructive and collaborative relationship building skills with a variety of individuals and groups, including peers, leadership, and external constituents
- Valid drivers’ license and ability to meet and maintain UI Fleet Safety standards
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of University policies, procedures, and systems
- Typically 1-3 years of experience in fast-paced, data driven environment
- Experience with Qualtrics, Handshake, Salesforce, and/or CRM software
- Demonstrated experience in event planning including follow-up.
Successful candidates will be subject to criminal background and credential background checks. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
There is an expectation that the person in this position will maintain effective, civil, and respectful working relationships with the University of Iowa campus community and uphold a high standard of cultural competency and respect for difference that represents the Tippie College of Business’ commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.