Human Resources Assistant (University Education Assistant 3) - Benefits And HR Services
As part of the Benefits and HR Services Team, this position is providing front-line customer service assistance for the Office of Human Resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include assisting with processing transactions related to tuition benefits, retirements, and onboarding for new hires. The incumbent will also be responsible for communicating directly with employees regarding issues pertaining to all human resources related matters including providing guidance on issues pertaining to collective bargaining agreements, specifically as it relates to tuition and other benefits. The incumbent in this position has narrow authority to make independent decisions, exercise judgment, and resolve issues that impact the overall operation of the team. This position may be responsible for a variety of assigned functions as part of the Employee Benefits & HR Services Unit. The successful candidate will be required to respond to a variety of inquiries via phone, email, and in person. Assignments may be adjusted based on the needs of the Team. The successful candidate will also maintain and update procedures and practices related to assigned functions including those functions identified as under the purview of customer service/support functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated computer software experience - MS Office Professional Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of diverse individuals including faculty, staff, students, University administrators, and external constituents.
- Excellent organizational and administrative proficiency with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to resolve routine problems efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Ability to preserve confidential information and must have awareness of data integrity protocols.
- Experience with Kuali Financial Systems, CORE-CT, or similar enterprise systems.
- Prior experience in a higher education academic setting.
This is a full-time, 40-hour work week, position based in Storrs and includes a full benefits package and competitive salary. Telecommuting on a hybrid/part-time basis may be allowable subject to authorization and University policy, but the nature of Human Resources shall continue to require personal interactions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497136 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on February 1, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.