Educational Program Assistant 1
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 1 for the Department of Economics. This position is part of a college-wide effort to build stability and support for CLAS support staff and is key to supporting the Department and college mission for administrative success. Under the supervision of the Economics Educational Program Administrator, the incumbent will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Department with a focus on the undergraduate program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates program logistics and administrative support for program staff and for faculty assigned to departmental service in undergraduate programs.
- Prepares, organizes, and documents materials for meetings of the Undergraduate Affairs Committee and performs work necessary to enact departmental decisions regarding the advancement of the undergraduate program.
- Assists with planning and coordination regarding content and course offerings for the BA and BS degrees and the Honors program.
- Plans and executes aspects of program events, outreach activities, and promotional materials, related to undergraduate programs and activities and undergraduate groups.
- Serves as a resource for students, faculty, and outside groups on matters relating to undergraduate program activities.
- Supports Alumni outreach and engagement; assists in planning the annual Spring Banquet of the Economics Department, supporting donor relationships, and recognizing students who have been selected to receive Endowed and Departmental Scholarships.
- Manages and processes Undergraduate Fellowships and Awards.
- Maintains accurate records and may assemble data and prepare statistical and/or historical reports.
- Provides direct training and related support services, and follows up to resolve problems in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and monitors expenditures.
- Provides general office support, including answering phones, responding to inquiries, and directing calls.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of related experience; or an Associate's degree and two to three years of related experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience providing organizational support in a team environment.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
- Excellent computer skills including experience in MS Office Suite.
This is a full-time position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496499 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 4, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.