Licensed Social WorkerTULARE COUNTY HR & DEVELOPMENT
Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency is currently recruiting to fill multiple vacancies within the Mental Health branch. This recruitment will establish an employment list in order to fill immediate and future vacancies throughout Tulare County's Mental Health and Human Services branches.
Incumbents of this class carry a specialized caseload requiring professional competency in the application of high level and sophisticated expertise and techniques. Successful candidates will have knowledge of the principles and techniques of interviewing, counseling, psychotherapy, and treatment modalities, and will also have knowledge of Federal and State laws, rules, and regulations affecting the work of mental health and public social service agencies. The Clinical Social Worker I classification is considered to be in training status as an intern, and may reasonably expect to be promoted to Clinical Social Worker II upon completion of the clinical hour requirements.
Candidates accepting Mental Health positions may qualify to apply for a loan repayment of up to $10,000 to repay educational loans over a 24-month period for a two year work commitment. For more information on the loan repayment program, visit https://www.oshpd.ca.gov/HPEF/Programs/LMHSPEP.html
Typical Duties:Key Responsibilities
- Perform crisis intervention services in clinics, over the phone, or in the field as assigned; determine triage level and refer to appropriate services.
- Coordinate the delivery of treatment provided for complex or multiple health needs, including development of specialized resources for the client, linkage of the treatment providers, and perform treatment plan activities.
- Gather comprehensive psycho-social and medical information to make a clinical determination of the scope of the client's mental health-related condition.
- Develop, implement, and monitor intensive, long and short term treatment plans with the aim of improving or restoring individual or family functions.
- Perform initial assessments of clients to evaluate psycho-social dysfunctions and to determine diagnosis and prognosis.
Employment Standards:Required Qualifications
Candidates must meet the qualifications listed below by the application deadline.
- A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following areas: social work; marriage, family, and child counseling; marital and family therapy, psychology, clinical psychology, or counseling psychology.
Clinical Social Worker I:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a ACSW, LCSW, LMFT or MFTI Intern number as issued by the State of California, Board of Behavioral Sciences. Proof of a registration application must be submitted within 30 days of appointment to classification.
- Must be a registered Associate Clinical Social Worker, or MFCC Intern working toward licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Marriage, Family and Child Counselor (MFCC) as issued by the State of California, Board of Behavioral Sciences within 120 days of appointment to classification.
- As a Clinical Social Worker I (CSW I) incumbents must obtain and provide written evidence of the State mandated applicable supervised clinical hours for either Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), to the HHSA Human Resource Division within three (3) years of appointment to the Clinical Social Worker I classification.
Clinical Social Worker II:
In addition to the necessary employment standards for Clinical Social Worker I:
- Letter of clinical hour completion towards a Marriage, Family and Child Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker license as issued by the State of California, Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- As a Clinical Social Worker II (CSW II) incumbents must provide proof of full California State Licensure as an LCSW or MFT to the HHSA Human Resources Division within two (2) calendar years of appointment to the CSW II classification.
Additional Information:Conditions of Employment
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Candidates selected will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Additionally, a background investigation may also be conducted. Some job classes may also require a physical exam.
Student Loan Forgiveness
- This is a qualifying position for student loan forgiveness through the College Cost Reduction and Access Act (CCRAA). Only student loan payments made after October 1, 2007 and in a qualified repayment plan are eligible. For more information you are encouraged to speak with your student loan servicer or visit: http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation.
If you are seeking an innovative, supportive, and satisfying work environment, please apply at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/tulare/.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER