DietitianTULARE COUNTY HR & DEVELOPMENT
Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) is actively recruiting for a qualified Dietician to join the Public Health Services Department. The Public Health Services Branch protects and promotes the health status of Tulare County residents through the development and implementation of public health and primary care programs that use best practice interventions.
The Dietician will have the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with program team staff, community members and with various community partners. He/She will create reports, consolidate input from stakeholders into a single report, update and maintain site plan. In addition the successful candidate will act as a liaison between HHSA, community partners, community members and their families.
- Apply nutrition and physical activity and the relationship to health and disease; food requirements for various age and occupational groups.
- Apply the methods and techniques used in nutrition investigations and dietary studies; develop nutrition programs.
- Assume leadership in the development and coordination of nutrition activities in the community with voluntary health agencies such as the Cancer Association, Heart Association, and Diabetes Association.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff and other departments and agencies, community partners, community members and their families.
- Work effectively with individuals and families to assist them in satisfactory solution of health concerns regarding nutrition and physical activitY
Candidates must meet the qualifications listed below by the application deadline.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master's degree in nutrition or public health nutrition or one year of experience may be substituted for the internship program.
- Copy of a valid Registered Dietitian License
Conditions of Employment
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. The selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening; furthermore, a background investigation may be conducted. Some job classes may also require a physical examination.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER