BuyerSinclair Systems International, LLC
Sinclair Systems International, LLC is the global label supplier to the citrus, apple, stone fruit, avocado and greenhouse tomato packer/shippers of the world. We offer our customers a complete labeling solution that consists of custom food-safe produce labels, innovative machine application systems and specialized expert technical service. Our market leadership relies on motivated team members that are committed to customer satisfaction, are results oriented and strive for excellence.
Currently, we are seeking a Buyer for our Fresno, CA office. A Buyer at Sinclair is part of a team within the Purchasing Department and is responsible for the day-to-day management of designated suppliers. This includes evaluation and selection of new suppliers, general purchasing transactions, monitoring of purchase order progress, on-time order delivery, cost control, managing all aspects of supplier quality and the ongoing assessment of supplier risks.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Evaluate and maintain communication with suppliers.
- Verify that product or services offered by a supplier are to the correct specification and will satisfy Sinclair and its product's needs.
- Interpret and negotiate any contractual terms that may be tendered by a supplier or any that Sinclair may wish to employ to satisfy specific business needs.
- Obtain oral and written price quotes from suppliers that befit the requirements of scheduled/Kan-Ban purchasing, one-off purchase or development/prototype needs, as appropriate.
- Ensure that all suppliers embrace and comply with the company's operational system typically, compliance with ISO-9001:2000 and the Supplier Quality Manual.
- Audit the company business system to determine purchase demands and applying value judgement as necessary.
- Raise and manage Purchase Orders generated on the company business system in compliance with the ISO9001:2000 Purchasing Procedures, ensuring that they are accurate and reflect the current MRP/business demands.
- Minimum 2 years' experience of sourcing & purchasing in a print or machinery based industry.
- Recognized qualification in purchasing.
- Current Driving License Strong negotiation skills Strong verbal, written and presentation skills in English language.
Experience of using Oracle JD Edwards Business System Contract Management Global purchasing Benefits At Sinclair we offer development opportunities with a company that is unique in its field and a competitive salary with the potential for bonuses.
Sinclair also offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K, profit sharing, and generous Flexible Time Off. Other benefits included tuition reimbursement, gym reimbursement, on-site gym and a great work environment.