Director of ConstructionSAN JOAQUIN HOMES
Director of Construction Full-Time Salary; $80-$100k DOE
San Joaquin Valley Homes currently has an opening for a highly motivated, self-starter with a willingness to learn, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects. Reporting to the Vice President of Construction and working closely with the Purchasing Department Manager, this position provides leadership to onsite Superintendents in 15 new home communities located in Kings, Kern, Tulare and Fresno Counties. The Director of Construction will manage production scheduling, quality assurance and assist in the value engineering of plans and subcontractors scopes of work. We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
* Provides value engineering oversight of plans, job costs and construction techniques for all projects
* Coordinates pre-production specifications, scopes of work, and plan development
* Assists the purchasing department in providing quality trades to increase the production sub-base
* Analyzes production job costs per project routinely for cost discrepancies and trade increases
* Establishes even-flow production schedules for multiple projects to achieve annual projections
* Oversees the preparation of weekly, monthly and year-end construction reports and schedules
* Resolves trade and subcontractor disputes
* Ensures all safety regulation and compliance standards are met by trades and employees
* Responsible for reporting all delays and overall site conditions to VP of Construction.
* Coordinates with Land Development to resolve and development delays
* Provides support and directly supervises the general superintendents and all neighborhood superintendents.
* Fosters a team environment with trades, sales, office staff and management
* Bachelor's Degree in construction management or equivalent work experience required
* Must be proficient in all programs in the Microsoft Office Suite
* Minimum of 3 year's supervisory experience
* Minimum of 5 year's construction management experience in new home production
* Extensive knowledge of building methods and current building codes in California
* Ability to interpret all aspects of construction plans; foundation, roof truss systems, framing, electrical and detailed pages.