Tax AccountantRUIZ FOODS
This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Tax Accountant and Compensation Manager in the various responsibilities of the Tax Department, including, but not limited to, administration of 401(k) Plan, Sales & Use Tax reporting, and other tax-related schedules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 401(k) Plan Administration. Monitor activity on a day-to-day basis for accuracy (enrollments, cash account, withdrawals, and loans).
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for plan administration, and work with HR Department to ensure that procedures are followed.
- Gather all documents requested for annual 401(k) audit, and serve as point person during the audit.
- Prepare Sales & Use Tax reports for all states where required on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Ensure that credits and exemptions are being taken where applicable.
- Work with other departments to make sure that they are adequately trained on application of sales tax and exemptions.
- Work with A/P Department to ensure proper application of tax and to research exemptions as needed.
- Gather or assist A/P with gathering documentation for sales tax audits in all locations.
- Maintain calendar and ensure renewal of various state permits, registrations, and licenses.
- Process state registrations as needed for employees in new states.
- Research and maintain files regarding nexus issues in all states.
- Calculate and prepare corporate and composite quarterly estimated tax and extension payments.
- Prepare in-house documentation to support R&D Credit, and other tax credits benefitting the company and shareholders.
- Prepare UNICAP, DPAD, and other income tax related schedules.
- Prepare bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual payroll journal entries
- Prepare monthly and quarterly G/L account reconciliations and related journal entries. Assist with annual audit schedules as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in accounting, including preparation of payroll and sales tax returns, and income tax compliance schedules.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Detail oriented, good organizational skills, able to work independently.
- Experience with benefit plans, payroll processing, JD Edwards and payroll systems a plus.