Quality Assurance Lab ManagerRUIZ FOODS
Job Title: Quality Assurance Lab Manager
Location: Dinuba, CA
JOB SUMMARY: This position oversees the activities of the Microbiology, QA Receiving and Sensory Laboratories. The Supervisors in each respective area of the Micro Lab and QA Receiving will report to the QA Lab Manager. This position may also conduct supplier visits as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with use of databases and software applications that support ingredient and finished product specifications
- Maintain and report supplier scorecard metrics
- Review and approve all supplier Corrective Action Reports
- Develop/write updates to lab and incoming material procedures, as needed
- Must be able to write reports and create dashboard presentations on metrics relating to areas of responsibility
- Support plant operations as needed
- Investigate microbiological opportunities
- Develop protocol as necessary to support GFSI/BRC, FSIS, and FSMA
- Strong professional communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work cross-functionally with different levels within the organization
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Food Science or related field of study
- Five years of previous supervisory experience in a microbiology lab or QA food processing environment
- Must have knowledge of microbiological and analytical testing methods
- Must be versed in GFSI, FSIS regulations and FSMA
- HACCP certificate
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required for this position
How To Apply
Send Resume To:
501 South Alta Ave
P.O. Box 37
Dinuba, CA 93618
Fax to (559) 591-1593
E-mail resume as a word attachment to: email@example.com
Ruiz Foods is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE: Male, Female, Vets, Disabled (M/F/V/D).
Ruiz Foods enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.