PROCESSING SUPERVISOR -3RD SHIFT
Posted on January 29, 2018
Oversee the operations of the Processing department on a daily basis and lead the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all fill weight, counts, net weights and yields.
- Ensures appropriate components are set up to accommodate the particular product scheduled for the day.
- Assigns and supervises team members in the performance of their assigned duties strongly emphasizing cost, quality, quantity, safety and sanitation.
- Trains Team Members in the proper methods of carrying out assignments and develop good clean working habits.
- Anticipates and determines causes of delays in operations and takes appropriate action to meet schedules.
- Works closely with the Quality Assurance Department and Production to insure continuous production levels.
- Maintains periodic checks to insure proper usage of materials and makes daily production reports reflecting yields, cooler inventories, waste, safety, and GMPs.
- Counsels team members in good housekeeping, sanitation, safety and corrective action.
- Applies company policies regarding GMPs, HACCP, Rules/Regulations, and Attendance.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- AA degree or High School Diploma plus minimum of 3-years experience in a processing/manufacturing environment. Experience in Processing/Bakery preferred.
- Good math skills, ability to read and write.
- Must have good computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels. Bilingual English/Spanish prefer.
- AS400 and PRISM experience a plus.
- Must have knowledge of HACCP, GMP(s), SOP(s) and Food Safety Principles.