Fixed Assets AccountantRUIZ FOODS
Dinuba, CA Full time
Posted on October 31, 2017
Job Summary: Assist the Fixed Assets Manager in the management of the entire fixed asset inventories at all Ruiz Foods’ locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform detailed tracking of spending on CEP’s (Capital Expenditure Projects) and maintain them in balance with the G/L. Coordinate this information with the appropriate project manager/Project lead/Engineer on an ongoing basis.
- Help keep capital projects within budget through accurate and timely tracking of all expenditures.
- Shared responsibility for the weekly capital expenditure payment proposal (check run).
- Develop a working understanding of the various sales tax laws and variables (i.e.: sales tax vs. use tax; different sales tax rates per county; different sales tax laws per state).
- Generate PO’s for capital expenditures as necessary and close capital projects timely.
- Assist in month end processes (i.e: journal entries, billing accruals, account reconciliations, book depreciation, disposals, impairments, transfers).
- Occasionally travel to the other Ruiz Foods plants in Tulare, CA; Denison, TX; and Florence, SC to develop a working, hands-on knowledge of all fixed assets.
- Assist the F/A Manager with any special projects as they relate to fixed assets or capital spending, including the development of the monthly reporting presented to upper management.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Operations Accounting on any projects as necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science) is strongly preferred, preferably in business administration, with emphasis in accounting, although equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Prior experience with capital projects or fixed assets accounting is a plus.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of company personnel, and also with outside vendors and contractors.
- Ability to multi-task and be organized is critically important.
- Must have an advanced skill set in Excel, MS Word, and Outlook, along with strong overall PC skills, including effective e-mail communication (both internally and externally).
- Either have or quickly develop a strong working knowledge of the BNA Fixed Asset and MP2 systems.