POSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:
Primary responsibilities include being primary contact for Customer Quality and Food Safety documentation requests and database maintenance. Documentation requests related to Private Label, Foodservice, co-pack and miscellaneous third-party Quality related documentation requests. This will also include completing questionnaires that are required for each customer. The individual will also work on quality systems related items including assistance in administration of SharePoint sites, SAP and cloud based systems.
- Main contact for R&D, Sales, Marketing and other departments related to customer information requests.
- Assist with product information requests for product specifications related to exported product for current and potential business.
- Maintain cloud based compliance document folder to assist sales, marketing, R&D and other departments in providing accurate and up-to-date compliance documents.
- Responsible for assuring customer documentation requirements are completed and requests are analyzed, gaps are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- Attend any new customer compliance database trainings and train key DM employees on changes or how to utilize
- Develop and maintain most up to date information/documents on customer websites and databases as deemed necessary.
- Receive requests for certificates of free sale and work with respective states to obtain certificates for exported product.
- Manage customer spec spreadsheet- populate spec status upon label review.
- Develop technical product specifications for new or existing items.
- Work in partnership with R&D and QA in reviewing technical specifications and ensure consistency and accuracy. Identify omissions or discrepancies and resolve issues prior to issuance of specifications.
- Work with manufacturing facilities to obtain all pertinent information needed to satisfy customer requests including HACCP Plans, Allergen Plans, Food Safety Plans
- Work with technical services to obtain knowledge and input related to
- Request, collect and organize samples for customer cuttings of vegetable products.
- Support QA organization and facility QA with Quality related SAP implementation and problem resolution activities.
- Support as needed to deliver, maintain and control issuance and maintenance of QA policies, procedures, formulas and specifications on QA team site.
- Assist with region sample grading during peak season
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Food Science or equivalent degree.
- 3-5 years of experience preferably in the food industry.
- Detail and process oriented with strong problem resolution abilities.
- Self-starter; take charge, positive and proactive attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Del Monte Foods is one of the country's largest and most well-known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food products for the U.S. retail market, generating approximately $1.7 billion in net sales in fiscal 2016. With a powerful portfolio of brands, Del Monte products are found in six out of ten U.S. households. Brands include Del Monte®, Contadina®, S&W®, College Inn®, Sager Creek and other brand names. The Company also produces and distributes private label food products. For more information on Del Monte Foods, visit the Company's website at www.delmontefoods.com.
* Competitive salary
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.