REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Budget
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred. One or more years related work experience preferred in a higher education, non-profit, or mid-sized company environment. Applicant must possess excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite with a strong background in Excel. Knowledge of network general ledger systems, payroll systems and report writing software a plus.
PRIMARY ROLE: Perform various accounting, data entry, budget monitoring, and expense review. Also assist payroll department with data review and processing of pays. Ensure adherence to University policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review expenditures for proper G/L account coding, University policy compliance, budget fund availability, and reasonableness. Input budget adjustments into Excel and ERP system.
- Record and input daily cash and treasury deposit and payment transactions.
- Complete bank reconciliations.
- Record actual expenditures for various cost categories, and using this data, update forecast and budget projections/models in excel sheets and ERP system.
- Input journal entries into the accounting system for the monthly and year-end close process.
- Process, post, and reconcile prepaid expenses.
- Coordinate with Student Accounts and reconcile Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with year-end audit and prepare schedules/respond to requests as needed.
- Maintain confidential Payroll records, files and information including employee personal information.
- Review time sheets/data in payroll system, and resolve time-entry issues.
- Preparation of and data entry for uploads of payroll data into payroll system.
- Serve as backup to other staff in the Business and payroll offices as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – STAFF/PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.