Internal AuditorPicayune Rancheria
We are looking for an objective internal auditor to add value and improve our operations by brining a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgment.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit's results and document process.
- Act as an objective source of independent advise to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with Casino management, Commissioners and audit staff
- Document process and prepares audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management's interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor
- Advance computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and database
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rues, and regulations.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgment
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, or a combination of experience and education
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- The Certified Internal Auditor certification is preferred
- Gaming experience is preferred
- High level of interpersonal skills
The Internal Auditor generally works in an office environment, but is expected to be highly familiar with all Casino Operations. Work hours are flexible. However, the internal Auditor may be required to work different shifts in order to complete various audits. When on the Casino floor the Internal Auditor is exposed to cigarette and loud noise levels.
The Internal Auditor applicant must take and successfully pass a drug and alcohol test, as well as a suitability determination.