This position is primarily responsible for the analysis of financial information and preparation of appropriate financial reports. This financial information is used in the preparation of entries into the general ledger and for the documentation of business transactions. Also within the scope of this position lies the responsibility of analyzing financial information related to assets, liabilities, and capital; the preparation of reports which summarize the current and projected financial position of the University; supervision of the accounts payable process; and assistance with post-award grant accounting.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and report packages.
- Perform month end reconciliation of various general ledger accounts.
- Prepare various collegiate surveys and reports as directed by the Controller.
- Oversee the fixed asset accounting system.
- Perform the analysis and reconciliation of various financial accounts, bank accounts, investment accounts, payroll and inventory systems.
- Assist in the monthly and fiscal year-end financial closing process and related statement preparation.
- Assist the Controller with all financial audits.
- Prepare various year end working papers and schedules for University annual audit.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns.
- Act as a general resource person for finance inquiries.
- Assist in financial system implementation projects.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of accounting staff members.
- Supervise the accounts payable process.
- Provide assistance with post-award grant accounting.
- Excellent customer relations, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in accounting, as well as demonstrated analytical skills and proficiency in financial accounting principles and techniques.
- Ability to effectively deal with sensitive fiscal issues and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong commitment to service, support, and transparency to the University community.
- Ability to take the initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and handle multiple tasks and responsibilities and to prioritize and organize work to accomplish departmental goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a closely related field.
- Five or more years of relevant accounting experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
To view full description and apply online go to: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/11995
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. ONU celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment.