DEPARTMENT OF SANITATION
Job Posting Notice
Job ID 585579
Business Title Salesforce Developer
Civil Service Title IT PROJECT SPECIALIST
Title Classification Pending Classification
Job Category Technology, Data & Innovation
Career Level Experienced (non-manager)
Work Location 44 Beaver St., N.Y.
Division/Work Unit Waste Prevention Reuse Recyc
# of Positions 1
Title Code No 06797
Proposed Salary Range $ 75,000.00 - $160,000.00 (Annual)
The New York City Department of Sanitation has been steadily expanding its relational database functions and software platforms into a variety of operational areas. The successful candidate will serve as the specialist for development, maintenance, improvement, and project management for databases to house program data for the Bureau of Recycling and Sustainability (BRS).
• Provide development support in data migration out of legacy systems
• Develop ETL jobs and API integrations using .NET technology to sync up disparate data sources
• Development support for BRS data management systems, websites, and apps.
• Assist in designing and building on cloud technologies such as Microsoft Office365 and Salesforce to replace legacy data management systems for tracking of recycling and sustainability programs including the recycling of textiles, electronics, organics, and special waste.
• Development and configuration of Salesforce to manage data and programs.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position; or,
Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
- Salesforce Apex
- Salesforce Communities/Experience Cloud development
- Salesforce Configuration and Administration
- Frontend Web development, using ReactJS and Bootstrap UI
- Technical writing
- Microservices development
• NET Core 2.1 and above
• NET Framework 4.6 and above
• SQL Server Database
• Test-driven development
• API Development
Please submit resume and cover letter via www.nyc.gov/careers or city employees apply via Employee Self Services.
This position is also open to qualified persons with a disability who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate at the top of your resume and cover letter that you would like to be considered for the position through the 55-a Program.
Public Svc Loan Forgiveness
As a prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Education’s website at StudentAid.gov/PSLF.
To be determined / 35 hours per week (minimum)
375 Pearl Street New York, NY
New York City Residency is not required for this position
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.