The Department of Social Services (DSS) is comprised of the administrative units of the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA) and the Department of Homeless Services (DHS). HRA is dedicated to fighting poverty and income inequality by providing New Yorkers in need with essential benefits such as Food Assistance and Emergency Rental Assistance. DHS is committed to preventing and addressing homelessness in New York City by employing a variety of innovative strategies to help families and individuals successfully exit shelter and return to self-sufficiency as quickly as possible.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is DSS’s technology services organization. ITS mission is to support the daily, emergent, and long-term needs of both agencies. ITS creates and enhances the technology infrastructure and computer applications that support HRA and DHS and develops applications, including a variety of client eligibility and recertification systems, case management systems, housing systems, employment/work engagement services, revenue producing computer matches, claiming systems, and personnel systems.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is recruiting for one (1) IT Service Management Specialist, to function as a ServiceNow CMDB Developer, who will:
• Work with application owners, infrastructure, and database teams to troubleshoot application
mapping failures. The ServiceNow CMDB developer develops solutions when the collected
documentation does not illustrate all connections to nodes, servers, switches, databases,
• Work with systems managers to ensure that the Discovery tool has the appropriate access and
permissions to capture configuration information.
• Work with application owners to create and validate service maps for all ITS applications which
maps ensure the monitoring of applications with attention to specific nodes and their connections to
servers, switches, databases, and applications.
• Perform day to day administration of the ServiceNow Service Mapping/Discovery tool, including
mapping additional defined business services into the tool and updating discovery configurations
for deeper network penetration.
• Provide visibility to Discovery's performance and issues via the development and deployment of
unified CMDB dashboards.
• Collaborate with infrastructure architects to understand IT technology strategy that guides which
requirements need to be gathered. For example, requirements gathering assists in figuring out
application dependencies in the context of the network infrastructure.