CARDIAC ECHO SONOGRAPHERMERCED VEIN & VASCULAR CENTER
CARDIAC ECHO SONOGRAPHER
Part-time, flexible hours/days Office Open: Monday – Friday (2 Saturdays per month)
Cardiac sonographers, also known as echocardiographers, use ultrasound to examine the heart's chambers, walls, valves and vessels. They use technology such as sophisticated diagnostic ultrasound imaging machines and transducers that use high-frequency sound waves to produce dynamic visual images to complete important tasks, such as:
· Acquiring information related to the heart's anatomy and physiology
· Producing real-time images of cardiac structures to assist the physician in diagnosing cardiovascular disease
· Evaluating acquired and congenital cardiac abnormalities and associated complications
· Evaluating narrowed or leaking heart valves
· Looking for causes of murmurs, chest pain, shortness of breath
· Tracking and evaluating chronic heart conditions
Qualifications: High School Diploma and fulfill prerequisite of American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) certification.
Cardiac Sonographer in Cardiology: American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification in one or more specialty area including Adult Echocardiography or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) certification in Echocardiography. Current BLS certification.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Salary: Per case – Case rate negotiable per experience
References upon request
Resume to email@example.com or fax 209-723-6884