Technology Analyst Ii - ConfidentialMERCED SUPERIOR COURT
DEFINITION: Under direction, analyzes court information technology needs and develops solutions; install and configure desktops, laptops and mobile devices; may assist in systems analysis and development; and performs related duties as required. The incumbent working installs, modifies, and maintains Court IT equipment inventory and assist VoIP phone troubleshooting, maintenance and performs related tasks as required.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: The Technology Analyst II is distinguished within the division by its ability to work independently to solve problems and execute various technologies. Incumbents in this class must possess an extensive base of knowledge in computer hardware and software, office automation systems and procedures; telecom/voice, server, storage and network systems; initiative and imagination; analytical skills; good oral and written communication skills; good judgment; ability to work as part of a team; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Provides support for hardware and general software programs used by the Court; maintains and troubleshoots desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, printers, Audio/Visual Systems, network connectivity and related peripherals.
2. Works with work order system and ticket tracking/escalation and assigns to appropriate staff; receives, logs and monitors calls from users regarding hardware, software, and/or network problems; and assists customers in resolving problems
3. Work with Systems Admin to capture and deploy desktop image using imaging software, example: SCCM
4. Maintains check in/out closet equipment’s and key lists; organizes and maintains workrooms and closets
5. Performs quarterly software, operating systems and antivirus updates
6. Maintains and updates IT equipment, tools & e-waste inventory lists; maintains cable management
7. Structures, maintains and supports media carts, laptops, A/V recordings and A/V Conferencing equipment
8. May manage server applications and complete the installation process for new programs; installs and tests hardware/software on workstations and servers
9. Supports & assists VoIP phone system configuration & installation
10. Determines the nature of problems by testing connections, hardware, and software; and by consulting with the Information Technology Division and other technical staff, including outside vendors
11. Coordinates site preparation and ensures that power, cabling, and communication requirements have been met prior to equipment installation and to meet “room/site ready” state; schedules, sets-up and returns equipment needed for presentations
12. Performs related administrative tasks; prepares budget information for potential upgrades and new program purchases; creates prints and delivers reports; maintains program inventory information
13. Compiles statistics on network, hardware, and software performance, including general monitoring and reactive investigation as needed; tests new technology and keeps current on latest technology trends and disciplines
14. Organizes, modifies, implements, and maintains systems software required to support network and the associated infrastructure
15. Provides troubleshooting, training and diagnostic analysis and solutions for confidential positions including, the judicial officers, executive office, management team and human resources
16. May provide training and support to staff
17. Performs other duties as assigned