Mental Health ClinicianMARIPOSA COUNTY HR
Mental Health Clinician in Mariposa County.
$4748.55-$5772.54 per month *plus* $800 monthly stipend for Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (MFT), or for a PhD in clinical psychology; or $700 monthly stipend for a Master's in Social Work (MSW) or a Master of Art (MA) in Clinical Psychology *and* excellent benefits.
This position assesses, diagnoses, counsels, and provides psychotherapeutic treatment, rehabilitation and care coordination for seriously emotionally disturbed children and adolescents and seriously mentally ill adults.
Examples of Duties
- Interviews potential clients to assess needs for mental health services or referral elsewhere.
- Counsels or provides psychotherapeutic and rehabilitation services for individuals, family members and groups to assist them in achieving productive social adjustments, reducing the impact of disability disorders, and facilitating their achievement of living, vocational, recreational, and interpersonal goals.
- Documents clinical activity presenting diagnostic and interview findings, clinical evaluations, and recommendations.
- As a member of an interdisciplinary team, reviews diagnosis and treatment plans with other professional and technical staff; and may act as a case manager by coordinating services for clients to assure continuity of care and to assure that clients receive appropriate types of services.
- Provides crisis counseling in the field and in the office for individuals experiencing acute episodes, evaluates patients and arranges for voluntary or involuntary admission to facilities for observation and treatment.
- Confers with and advises clients' relatives to secure their understanding of and cooperation in treatment and rehabilitation programs.
- Cooperates and works with other agencies and practitioners regarding mutual clientele.
- Educates clients and their families regarding their diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and rehabilitation process.
- Manages the care of clients by assessing and referring them to public and private providers and monitoring their progress.
- Develops and presents training programs for departmental staff.
- Develops, conducts, and/or participates in quality assurance and program evaluation studies.
- Assists clients to obtain stable housing, physical health care, benefits, and entitlements, and to basic living skills.
- Performs administrative and general office work as required, including preparing reports and correspondence, attending meetings, copy and filing documents, sending and receiving faxes, entering and retrieving computer data, etc
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in social work, family or marriage counseling, psychology, or closely related field.
- A copy of your Master's degree or college transcript must be attached to your application.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license. Under certain circumstances, the Human Resources Director may accept a valid driver's license from another state if applicant acknowledges his/her intent to acquire a California driver's license within three months by signing an acknowledgement form.
- Possession of a valid license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or a valid license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), or an intern number of licensure as either an Associate Clinical Social Worker or a Marriage and Family Therapist intern in the State of California as established by the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners.
- A copy of your LCSW or MFT license or Intern number of licensure must be attached to your application.