Systems AnalystMadera Irrigation District
Madera Irrigation District Job Announcement
Starting Salary Range: $42,515 – $62,254
Overview of Position:
Under the general supervision of the Engineering Technician Supervisor, preforms a variety of tasks pertaining to the operational success of the District’s Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Geographic Information System (GIS) system. This includes researching, testing, and deploying new software, hardware, and system workflows that
increase the District’s productivity and efficiency. Work with a variety of consultants and integrators to deploy Information Technology (IT) systems used throughout the District.
Some Essential Duties include:
• Manages the District’s Geographic Information System (GIS)
• Performs technical maintenance of SCADA gates/meters, radios, and other sensors deployed throughout the district.
• Updates, investigate, test, resolve, calibrate, and troubleshoot SCADA applications at SCADA sites.
• Prepares and conducts training sessions as applicable for new and existing staff as it pertains to the radio SCADA system and software systems.
• Manages District software and hardware infrastructure.
• Evaluates systems using cost benefit analysis methods.
• Manages database entry and CASGEM compliance.
• Troubleshoots communication failures on cell site modem flow recorders.
Completion of High School/Diploma. College level coursework relating to engineering principles desired. One-year professional experience including knowledge of SCADA, GIS, IT, and CAD preferred. Academic instruction and engineering course completion may be substituted for professional experience.
Licenses, Registration, Accreditation:
Possession of a Class C California Driver’s License is required at time of appointment.
Madera Irrigation District is an EOE, MFDV Employer.