Maintenance SupervisorMadera Irrigation District
Madera Irrigation District Job Announcement
Starting Salary Range DOE: $47,200 – $69,200
Overview of Position: Under administrative direction of the Operations and Maintenance
Manager, supervises the District’s maintenance personnel in the construction and maintenance of
the District’s canals, ditches, pipes and other related structures; receives work orders; plans and
lays out work assignments; selects crews to work on projects; responds to emergencies and insures
the safety of crews under supervision; fill in for Operations and Maintenance Manager when on
leave; and performs related duties as required.
Some Essential Duties include:
• Coordinates and supervises District’s construction and maintenance activities, including
canal, pipeline structures and pumping plant stations, trash removal, rodent control and
• Plans the day’s activities and assigns crews and projects;
• Implements the departmental safety program;
• Responds to emergencies and develops plans to handle the emergencies and make
• Makes suggestions regarding changes to design of canals, pipelines and structures;
• Supervises the installation, maintenance and repair of pipelines, head gates, turnouts and
• Prepares requisitions for materials and supplies through standardized procedures;
• Supervises and evaluates subordinate personnel;
• Inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure conformance to plans and design;
Qualifications & Experience: Highschool Graduate/Diploma required. Some college courses
desired. Five (5) years’ experience in construction management with knowledge of ag and
irrigation distribution systems OR Three (3) years’ experience in the construction and maintenance
of irrigation distribution systems including two (2) years at a Maintenance Worker III or
Equipment Operator level.
Licenses, Registration, Accreditation: Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License
is required at the time of appointment. Obtaining a Class A license is required within three months
after receiving such appointment. Failure to obtain or maintain such required license(s) may be
cause for disciplinary action. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a physical
disability will be considered for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply: Visit www.madera-id.org under Public information, Career Opportunities and
complete the application. Return all forms (Application and Resume) to:
Madera Irrigation District, ATTN: Human Resources,12152 Road 28 ¼, Madera, CA 93637
For all inquiries, contact Human Resources at (559) 673-3514 ext. 222. email@example.com
Closing date of application is February 15, 2019 4:00 p.m.
Madera Irrigation District is an EOE, MFDV Employer.