ControllerMadera Irrigation District
Starting Salary Range DOE: $80,000 – $110,000
Overview of Position: Under administrative direction of the General Manager (GM) and Assistant General Manager
(AGM), provides both operational and programmatic support to Madera Irrigation District (District or MID). The Controller
supervises the Financial Department, supervising the financial department and directly assists the GM and AGM on all
strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, forecasting needs, and investments.
Some Essential Duties include:
• Plans, organizes, directs, and manages District payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, water billing, budget,
assessments, investments, and related administrative activities.
• Assists management with long range financial planning, protection of District assets, and development and maintenance
of budget controls.
• Directs and manages District’s assessments including Board of Equalization process.
• Assists Management with the analysis, preparation, presentation, and monitoring of the District budget; including rate
setting to meet rate covenants for District bonds.
• Performs and assists with annual audits of District; including annual financial statements for District and 401(k) Plan.
• Directs the development, preparation, and presentation of financial reports and statements
• Prepares financial reporting of the District’s 401(k) pension plan, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, 125 Cafeteria Plan,
and assists with administration.
• Oversees the management of the District’s grant programs.
Qualifications & Experience: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Finance,
Accounting or related field, and five (5) years of broad and extensive finance work experience with at least three years of
the experience in a management or supervisory capacity required. Public agency experience a plus.
Licenses, Registration, Accreditation: Possession of a Class C California Motor Vehicle License is required. California
Certified Public Accounts (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is desired.
How to Apply: Visit www.madera-id.org under Career Opportunities and complete the application. Return all forms (Cover
Letter, Application, and Resume) to:
Madera Irrigation District
ATTN: Human Resources
12152 Road 28 1/4 • Madera, CA 93637
Phone: (559) 673-3514 • Email: email@example.com
For all inquiries, contact Human Resources at (559) 673-3514 ext. 222. firstname.lastname@example.org Madera Irrigation District is an EOE,
MFDV Employer. Closing date of application is August 31, 2018 4:00 p.m.