Information Technology Division ManagerMADERA COUNTY
Information Technology Division Manager:
This is a management level classification in the Office of Information Technology and is distinguished from the next higher class of Deputy Chief Information Officer in that the latter is responsible for assisting with the general oversight of departmental operations, consisting of policy implementation, budget development and control and assurance that services are effectively delivered Countywide. Incumbents must possess specialized knowledge of specific operational area of assignment.
Examples of Duties:
- Manages and oversees the day-to-day and asset management operations of a Division with the Office of Information Technology; ensures that Division operations comply with established performance expectations, policies and procedures; develops and implements program goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Manages the delivery of technical services and maintains service quality, reliability and availability including the evaluation of the need for periodic replacement and refreshment of technical equipment, devices and applications.
- Interviews, selects, motivates and evaluates staff; provides training to assigned staff and manages performance.
- Analyzes, recommends and develops procedures, standards and polices consistent with the plans, polices, practices, goals and the established architecture of the County and the Office of Information Technology. Evaluates industry best practices and ensures that polices, standards and procedures are followed by staff.
- Develops, coordinates and monitors the budget of the assigned Division within the Office of Information Technology.
- Manages and prioritizes multiple projects; plans, staffs, prioritizes and manages all phases of implementation for assigned projects; directs the design, development and implementation of new projects; establishes timelines to implement new or enhanced systems, programs or applications; monitors and reviews work in progress, and provides the necessary amount of technical assistance and guidance; manages and monitors progress of contractors, vendors, and consultants; develops, manages, monitors and coordinates the request for proposal process.
- Manages the delivery of technical support to users; determines and improves customer satisfaction levels; plans, coordinates and advises on both external and internal consulting and support activities for division customers; and serves as a technical resource.
- Coordinates with other departmental divisions and County Departments for the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Acts as the Office of Information Technology representative to relevant internal and external agencies and other public and private information technology groups.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports, proposals and presentations.
- Performs related work as required or as directed by the Chief Information Officer or Deputy Chief Information Officer.
County of Madera (Salary: $7,309-$8,884 per month + excellent benefit package.)
Equal Opportunity Employer