KFSN News Editor
KFSN News Editor
KFSN-TV/ABC30 Action News, the Disney/ABC Owned station in Fresno CA, is seeking a News Editor. The News Editor position possesses an advanced ability for non-linear video editing in a fast-paced news environment. The News Editor is expected to be an effective collaborator in the newsroom to help support the newsgathering and story creation process.
- Exhibits advanced skill to assemble and create content using non-linear editing software in a fast-paced news environment.
- Strong editing skills, effective communication, and ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision.
- Ensure all created content meets ABC30’s high standards for video and audio quality. Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance video content.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of edit workflow and software.
- Organizational, creative, communication, and planning skills are required for team success.
- Must have the skill and attitude to train less experienced editors on edit workflows and software.
- Must have the ability to train and learn new techniques/software platforms that aligns with industry needs and trends.
- Ability to identify and quickly escalate issues. Recommend solutions and/or resolve operational errors and equipment failures.
- Strong understanding of multiple file-based formats and provide file-based ingest support.
- A minimum of 3 years of editing or related experience.
- Advanced understanding of non-linear editing software (Adobe Premiere, Dalet, Avid, Grass Valley Edius, etc.).
- Skilled in media transfer workflows (ingest/publish/export).
- Strong understanding of audio and video broadcast quality control.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a quick turn-around, newsroom environment.
- Candidates must have a good computer background (Microsoft Office, Slack, etc.).
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to work overtime and alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Has in-depth background in non-linear editing in an area including Adobe, (Premiere, AE, Audition, etc.), Dalet, Grass Valley, Edius, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Click to apply and send your resume to KFSN-TV, Human Resources, Dept. 22-EDT, 1777 G Street, Fresno, CA 93706. KFSN-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.