KFSN-TV/ABC30 Action News, the ABC Owned Television station in Central California, has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer to lead our nightside team. We are seeking an innovative leader with superior news judgment to drive the gathering, creation and distribution of engaging, compelling content. This person manages content for digital and linear in conjunction with other news managers. This person will excel by executing big-picture goals while focusing on the details with daily content coverage. They will inspire the news team to produce enterprise content for linear, digital and social with storytelling that is optimized for each screen.
- Supervise newscast and digital producers and writers and provide consistent feedback by setting goals and contribute strategic content ideas in editorial meetings.
- Collaborate with Assignment Editors and Digital Producers on multi-platform breaking news coverage.
- Copy edit linear and digital scripts.
- Work with marketing team to ensure the brand promise is met with our multi-platform content.
- Foster a positive work-place attitude and encourage a collaborative spirit.
- Perform other tasks as required by the News Director.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in news production in a major TV market
- 3 years of experience managing a team
- The ideal candidate must have a keen understanding of multi-platform strategy, a track record of breaking news success stories and thrive in a very competitive environment.
- Must be a proven leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Must be organized and work well under pressure with constant deadlines.
- Experience producing dynamic newscasts with story showcasing and multiple live elements.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience