Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
KFSN-TV Broadcast Maintenance Engineer
The KFSN-TV Broadcast Maintenance Engineer who will be involved in the installation, troubleshooting and support of the infrastructure and systems within the broadcast facility. The candidate must be comfortable with current IT and media technologies, equipment troubleshooting, and emerging trends (i.e. Media over IP, OTT Platforms).
- Assist in maintaining all station broadcast equipment within the facility.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring all inbound and outbound transport streams.
- Install, support and maintain transmitter equipment and infrastructure.
- Review and maintain system design documents and drawings.
- Perform routine maintenance on all broadcast equipment.
- Problem solving/troubleshooting to reduce equipment downtime and maximize system efficiency.
- Interface with various users, technical services, technicians and other Engineers to implement, install and debug broadcast systems.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform other job related duties as requested by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
The ideal candidate must:
- Experience with broadcast audio, video and control systems, video servers, graphics & IT systems.
- Knowledge of master control and operations and news automation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical staff to resolve technical matters.
- Knowledge of IT networks, RF, fiber optics and encoding/decoding equipment.
- Ability to lift and move equipment up to 50lbs.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn is essential.
KFSN-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts, weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. Candidate should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.
Experience with the following platforms/technologies is preferred:
- Grass Valley Ignite/Ross OverDrive automation
- Master Control automation (Versio, iTX, Crispin)
5 plus years in a television engineering role.
Please apply online or send your resume to KFSN-TV, Human Resources, Dept. 22-BRD, 1777 G Street, Fresno, CA 93706. KFSN-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.