Anchor / Reporter
ABC30/KFSN, the ABC Owned Station in Central California has an opening for a collaborative anchor/reporter who is responsible for crafting high impact content on linear and digital platforms. The candidate also sets the tone for teamwork and excellence within the station and across the station group. The anchor/reporter is an empathetic and ethical news leader who is committed to uncovering and reporting the facts, and with integrity above all else. He or she must be a team player, compelling journalist, and inclusive storyteller with the ability to authentically engage and connect with a diverse audience. Additionally, the anchor/reporter must demonstrate a full understanding of the powerful voice and responsibility journalists have to, and with, the communities they serve.
ABC30 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
- Ability to effectively handle breaking news live on-air, without a script. Both in studio and out in the field.
- You must be able to research, setup, shoot, write and edit content on a daily basis.
- Active use of social media for promotion and news gathering
- Demonstrated ability to move an audience between linear and digital platforms
- Willingness to lead and mentor.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the community, which includes representing the station and participating at various community events
- Knowledge of the Central Valley and bilingual skills are a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience. This is not an entry-level position.
- A college degree or equivalent
Please apply online or send your resume to KFSN-TV, Human Resources, Dept. 22-ANC, 1777 G Street, Fresno, CA 93706. KFSN-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.