James Madison University (JMU) is accepting applications for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to serve as part of IT-Information Systems Team supporting the university’s enterprise systems. The successful candidate will be provided training and work on a wide-variety of projects for our Human Resources, Financials, and Student Administration systems. This position will be responsible for full software development lifecycle efforts (analysis, design, development/integration, implementation and support) for complex projects related to University Information Systems. This position is telework eligible.
Opportunities will exist for growth and training as JMU embarks on a very large initiative called Reengineering Madison. The project includes: use of iPaaS tools, move of applications to the Cloud, new Customer Relationship Management system, and replacement systems for Identity Management, Human Resources, Financials, and Student Information Systems.
- Experience with complex relational database designs
- Familiarity with query languages such as SQL
- Experience with software development in medium to large application environments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable documenting business processes, project requirements, and design specs
- Solid technical development skills background
- Programming experience in Human Resources, Financial, or Student Administration systems or other large ERP systems
- Experience in an education organization
- Experience developing a test plan
- Experience working with Java, .NET or other languages / frameworks
- PeopleSoft experience. Training in PeopleSoft proprietary development tools will be provided if needed.
To apply go to https://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/13422 or visit JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number S2959. Pay Range: $60,040 - $66,890.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.