WIC Qualified NutritionistHudson River Healthcare
Hudson River HealthCare provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. Hudson River HealthCare (“HRHCare”) is a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County. HRHCare is currently seeking a full-time WIC Qualified Nutritionist to join our team at the Peekskill site.
The WIC Qualified Nutritionist is a person who has completed the educational requirements and practical experiences required to earn a degree and/ or credential in the field of Nutrition. This individual possesses expertise that qualifies him or her to perform all nutrition-related duties at the local agency, including providing and overseeing elevated risk care to high risk participants, and may serve as the Nutrition Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a WIC Qualified Nutritionist:
- All duties of Nutrition Assistant and CPA staff.
- Develop and implement high risk care plans and oversee high risk care to all participants.
- Provide oversight and guidance to CPA and Nutrition Assistant staff.
- Coordinates nutrition education, including breastfeeding promotion and support that is responsive to the identified needs/interests of each high-risk participant.
- Refers high-risk participants to other health-related and social services, as necessary.
- Tracks high-risk participants’ progress in improving their health and document for outcomes.
- Ensure the efficient flow of the assessment and education processes.
- Provide leadership in planning, conducting, and evaluating Participant Centered Nutrition Education services.
- Provide leadership and assist in orienting, training, and mentoring new local agency staff.
- Provide leadership in developing, conducting, and evaluating nutrition training for local agency staff in nutrition education topics.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in the field of Nutrition
Preferred Education Requirement: Master’s Degree or PhD in Nutrition
Minimum Work-Related Experience: 2 - 4 years
Preferred Work-Related Experience: 5 - 8 years
Specialized Skills and Knowledge: Ability to communicate in English (orally and written) Bi-lingual Spanish speaking is preferred.
We are a network of 40 community and migrant health centers located in Peekskill, Beacon, Poughkeepsie, Amenia, Dover Plains, Pine Plains, Hudson, Middletown, New Paltz, Goshen, Greenport, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Nyack, Monticello, Walden and Yonkers, Amityville, Southampton, Wyandanch, Shirley, Patchogue, Coram, Huntington, Brentwood, Riverhead. and the five boroughs. Annually, we serve over 185,000 patients and over 500,000 encounters.
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program.
Interested candidates please submit your resume to Danielle Daly, Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.