TherapistHENRIETTA WEILL MEMORIAL CHILD GUIDANCE CLINIC
Henrietta Weill Memorial Child Guidance Clinic is now recruiting for
THERAPIST - for our Delano Office (Bilingual rqr'd) & a THERAPIST for our West Bakersfield Office,
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under direction of the Program Manager, provides direct clinical services, at a post-graduate professional level, to clients in any of the Clinic's treatment programs; provides autonomous and independent mental heath services to clients; and does related work as required.
The work performed by the Therapist I requires basic therapeutic skills and offers an opportunity to develop skill in working with clients in the field of mental health.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Mental Health Services:
- Performs professional mental health services and related duties that may include: group, family and individual therapy, conducting assessments, crisis intervention, parenting groups, home visits and support groups.
- Makes appropriate referrals for medication support services, psychological testing, Therapeutic Behavioral Services and substance abuse counseling.
- Serves as case coordinator.
- Maintains clinical records and prepares written reports as required.
- Conducts collaborative activities, which may include case consultations and collaborative meetings with other members of the treatment team, school personnel and community agencies.
- Meets direct service requirements as established by the Program Manager.
- Adheres to Standards of Care outlined by the Kern County Mental Health System of Care.
- Provides dual-diagnosis services for children and adults.
Case Management/Linkage and Brokerage Services:
- May provide case management/linkage and brokerage services and activities to assist eligible clients with accessing medical, educational, social and other needed community services.
- May ensure that a continuum of care is provided for clients by collaborating with primary care physicians, sending written documentation to the primary care physician on a monthly basis, etc.
- May provide support and assistance to clients to ensure compliance during treatment, which may include: reminder phone calls, correspondence and home visits.
Screening and Outreach Services:
- May provide in-service training for community agencies, which may include: schools, the Kern County Department of Human Services, the Kern County Probation Department, etc.
- Screens and assesses information obtained over the telephone from members of the community who are seeking mental health services.
- Responds to referral forms for clients seeking mental health services.
Other Related Duties:
- Adheres to all State and Federal regulations regarding confidentiality, privacy and security of protected health information
- Participates in staff meetings and inservice training sessions, and serves on Clinic committees.
- Provides community-based mental health services.
- Ensures that appropriate client information is entered and maintained in clinical documentation software (CDT)
- May participate in the Utilization Review process for designated treatment teams.
- Works cooperatively with other agencies regarding the provision of children's mental heath services.
- Will be required to provide crisis rotation.
- May be required to travel.
- May be required to transport clients.
ERGONOMIC REQUIREMENTS. VARIOUS PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE TASK:
- Extensive use of computer equipment; ergonomically organized workspace; Possibly lifting and/or restraining children. Walking on school campus. Playground activities, floor activities and group activities may include - sitting on floor, bending in various positions, standing for periods of time. Sitting for periods of time, reaching and twisting. May be required to carry items for events.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
This position requires a Master's Degree in a mental health related field and current registration with the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners; basic knowledge of professional methods and techniques of individual, group and family therapy; ability to diagnose and treat children's emotional and behavioral disorders; knowledge of the Clinic's philosophy; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, other staff and the public; and an ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Possession of a valid California driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance are required.
This job description describes a general category of jobs. Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above as deemed necessary by the Clinic.