The George Mason University General Accounting Department invites applications for a Fiscal Analyst position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Position:
This position is responsible for performing reconciliations and calculations using data in the Banner Finance, Student AR, Financial Aid, HR/Payroll, and Grants modules. The Fiscal Analyst should develop and maintain procedures related to those reconciliations, resolve differences between the systems, and document findings for future reference. They will help units to understand the relationship between the systems and assist them in drilling down to detailed data, as well as participate in testing and development of reports/analytics related to the data flow between the systems. The position is also responsible for administering and reconciling the University’s Equipment Trust Fund (ETF) allocation.
- Perform periodic calculations, analyses, and reconciliations using data in Banner Finance, Student AR, HR/Payroll, Grants, and Financial Aid. Includes AR to Finance clearing accounts reconciliation, Direct Loan reconciliation, monthly grant payment clearing fund reconciliation, and periodic HR to Finance reconciliation;
- Create monthly Journal Vouchers needed for data maintenance related to the reconciliations; For example: Premium Exemptions Clearing JV, and Tuition Grant JV;
- Administer and reconcile the ETF (Equipment Trust Fund) allocation;
- Assist in projects or ad hoc analysis; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in accounting or related business field or equivalent experience;
- Experience running reports using a business intelligence tool;
- Significant experience (generally five (5)+ years) performing complex accounting reconciliations, including analyzing and evaluating voluminous interface transactions and identifying trends and outliers;
- Knowledge of advanced accounting and a solid understanding of revenue recognition;
- Comprehensive oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to use excel advanced tools.
- Experience using Banner Admin Apps AR and Finance modules;
- Ability to design/modify reports; and
- Experience using MicroStrategy.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02981Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.