Customized Program Administrator
The George Mason University, Global Education Office is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a Customized Programs Administrator. The Global Education Office (GEO) provides international study/internship and research opportunities for George Mason University (GMU) students, faculty, staff, and the general public. The GEO functions as the hub for international educational activities at GMU.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Customized Program Administrator is responsible for the administration of GMU customized study abroad programs. Administration of programs includes managing student applications to programs, student registration and communication with students, faculty, departments and administrative units on campus, as well as liaising with educational institutions abroad, travel vendors, and international organizations, and maintaining contact with appropriate administrative units on campus, such as the Registrar and abroad, and establishing new ones as necessary.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Advising students;
- Promoting and marketing international programs;
- Creating, maintaining and publishing program material;
- Maintaining relationships with faculty and academic units;
- Raising the profile of study abroad on and off campus, as well as giving procedural guidance/training to University constituents on study abroad practices;
- Providing feedback in programmatic strategy, particularly regarding the academic content and location of programs;
- Acting as an outreach agent towards prospective faculty and academic departments within the University, and promoting study abroad.
- Working knowledge of international study abroad program administration;
- Demonstrated administrative experience in an institute of higher education;
- Working knowledge of different educational systems throughout the world;
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different cultures;
- Demonstrated international experience as well as cross cultural skills;
- Experience with student advisement, experiential education, field studies and marketing;
- Demonstrated computer skills;
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, Education, Foreign Language or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
- Demonstrated significant administrative experience;
- Background in study abroad, experiential education, field studies or related field is a plus.
NOTE: Hybrid schedule (3 days on campus, 2 days telework). This hybrid schedule will be regularly reviewed and change as the needs of the Global Education Office and the University change.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02793Z at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.