Assistant General Manager-AdministrationFRESNO METROPOLITAN FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT
Government Fresno Metropolitan Flood Control District is recruiting for an Assistant General Manager-Administration.
The Assistant General Manager - Administration position is in charge of the Administration programs of the District. Under the direction of the General Manager-Secretary, the ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker with extensive management and administrative skills. The incumbent will oversee programs in the Accounting, Environmental Resources, Information Technology, Human Resources, and Office Management sections of the District.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• A strong understanding of Human Resource laws, rules and regulations.
• The ability to exercise leadership and authority tactfully and effectively.
• A knowledge of the EPA’s National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit requirements and other stormwater quality regulations.
• The ability to develop strong relationships and possess conflict resolution skills.
The ideal candidate will:
• Interface with the District’s Board of Directors, State and local agencies, organizations, and the general public as needed.
• Direct staff in searching and applying for grants and/or additional funding to advance programs and services.
• Work effectively through teamwork and collaboration with both executive management and mid management staff .
• Demonstrate transparency, strong work ethics and integrity.
• Use effective communication skills to deliver presentations and make other public information announcements as necessary to support the District’s programs and services.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, or related discipline, and six (6) years of related experience. Candidate must have knowledge of government budgets, personnel law, information technology, accounting and financial management. Prior experience working for a California government agency is a plus. A Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, or closely related field may substitute up to two (2) years of related experience. A valid California Driver’s License is required.
The District offers a competitive and generous base salary and excellent benefits program. The benefits program includes:
• Health Benefits – The District off ers three tradiƟ onal medical health plans: Anthem Blue Cross Prudent Buyer (PPO), Anthem Blue Cross California Care (HMO), and Kaiser Permanente; and two high-deductible health plans (HDHP): Anthem Blue Cross Prudent Buyer (PPO) and Kaiser Permanente. The District will contribute $1,000-$2,200 in a health savings account, if enrolled in a HDHP. The District pays 100% of the employee premium and 60% of the dependent premium. Medical health benefits begin the first of the month following your date of hire.
• Dental and Vision Benefits – The District provides Delta Dental and Vision Service Plan health benefits for all District employees and dependents. The District pays 100% of the total premium. Dental and vision benefits begin the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
• Life Insurance – The District provides $50,000 life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment policy for each employee. You may purchase an addiƟ onal $50,000 upon hire without underwriting ng approval. Coverage begins the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
• Long-Term Disability Insurance – The District provides long-term disability insurance up to 66.67% of base salary up to $8,000 per month for up to two years after 90 days of disability. If an employee is permanently disabled from all occupations, the monthly benefit will continue up to age 65.
• Flexible Spending Accounts – The District has a flexible spending account which allows employees to pay District medical insurance premiums, dependent care, and eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses with pretax dollars. You are eligible to participate in the plan the first of the month following your date of hire.
• Holidays – District employees receive 11 paid holidays each year.
• Annual Leave – District employees receive 20 – 32 days of annual leave benefits (vacation/sick pay) based on length of service.
• Retirement – Employees are required to contribute a minimum of 5% of base salary to the District’s Money Purchase Pension Plan. The District also contributes 10% of base salary to the Plan, which is subject to a five year graded vesting ng schedule. The District also allows voluntary participation on in a 457 Deferred Compensation on Plan. Both retirement plans allow you to self-direct your investments through ICMA-RC.
Equal opportunity employer.