Web Developer - 500016
East Carolina University
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise- wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state-of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
The Web Services team is part of the University’s Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) department, and is responsible for development, support, operation, governance, and quality assurance of the university’s web presence which includes the ECU homepage, alerts website, second-level websites (departmental, individual, blog), university content management system and associated tools, custom web applications, and various university web services (maps, calendar, policies, etc).
As a Web Developer , you handle these tasks:
- maintain and support multisite WordPress environments
- create and maintain custom WordPress themes and plugins
- develop and maintain custom applications
- assess and prioritize requests and issues in GitHub
- provide code review during QA process
While working as a Web Developer , enjoy these perks:
- 24 days annual leave, 12 days of sick leave and paid state holidays
- Attractive pension plan
- Tuition benefits
- Comprehensive health care benefits
- See additional information about working at ECU: https://working-at.ecu.edu/
We are looking for a candidate with these preferred skills:
- Experience with all phases in development process with preference given to Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards (WCAG), responsive design, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience configuring and updating continuous integration pipelines
- Maintain and update documentation
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to gather and explain business requirements
- Ability to continually learn new technologies and mentor team members, troubleshoot complex issues, manage projects with multiple contributors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional details about the position, including the full job description, qualifications, and instructions for submitting application materials may be found by accessing this link: https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/. Applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit the documents requested to be considered for the position.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/52172