Under the direction of the Environmental Health and Safety Manager, supervises the planning and coordination of all Environmental, Health, and Safety compliance activities within the facility. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations, that apply to the facility, are maintained in compliance. Incumbent assists with the supervision of personnel who have environmental, health, and safety responsibilities, within the department. Incumbent will assist with the inspection and evaluation of the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. Incumbent will provide effective feedback for corrective measures to identify and prevent workplace injuries and actively develop employees in order to increase overall health and safety awareness.
- Helps ensures the implementation of required written environmental, safety and health programs and plans.
- Performs routine site environmental, safety and health inspections and sampling, follows-up and verifies corrective actions are completed and tracked accordingly.
- Coordinates environmental, safety and health trainings and meetings. Ensures specifically required training is provided for new and current employees.
- Performs post-accident/incident investigations to identify root causes. Partners with Manager to review, analyze and interpret incident reports and coordinates all records associated with related incidents.
- Maintains required environmental, safety and health documents/files.
- Serves as primary coordinator to ensure all environmental, safety and health incidents are recorded and tracked. Supervises data analytics to identify trends and make recommendations on how to address environmental, safety and health incidents.
- Assist with the administration of worker's compensation programs and all other insurance related claims.
- Supervise the scheduling of all industrial medical appointments for post-accident follow-up.
- Assist with internal and external environmental, safety and health audits; participates in emergency response activities, coordination, and planning.
- Helps to ensure company and plant environmental, safety and health goals and expectations are met.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as defined by plant and departmental business needs.
Successful applicants will have a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety/Industrial Hygiene/Environmental Science or comparable degree; or minimum 3 years of applicable/comparable work experience.
Del Monte Foods is one of the country's largest and most well-known producers, distributors and marketers of premium quality, branded food products for the U.S. retail market, generating approximately $1.7 billion in net sales in fiscal 2016. With a powerful portfolio of brands, Del Monte products are found in six out of ten U.S. households. Brands include Del Monte®, Contadina®, S&W®, College Inn®, and other brand names. The Company also produces and distributes private label food products.
For more information on Del Monte Foods, visit the Company's website at www.delmontefoods.com.
WE OFFER: * Competitive salary * Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k).
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/)
Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting.
Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position. No sponsorship is available for this position. No agencies or 3rd party vendors.