Resources Division ManagerCOUNTY OF FRESNO
Resources Division Manager
The Resources Division Manager plans, directs, and manages the Resources Division of the Department of Public Works and Planning. Primary functions of this division include responsibility for planning and directing the management of solid and hazardous waste operations, solid waste hauling contracts, solid waste recycling programs, organics programs, disposal site operations, closed landfill site maintenance, parks/grounds management, and operation of special purpose districts in the areas of water, wastewater, street maintenance, open space, and street lighting.
Note: The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in this classification are in MEDICAL GROUP II - Moderate Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require moderate physical effort using arms, legs, back, and trunk in frequent lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects weighing (or offering resistance equivalent to) 10-25 pounds, and occasionally over 25 pounds. Generally, bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, reaching, as well as standing and walking are involved.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Environmental Studies, Planning, Public Administration, Recreation or a closely related field that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system.
Experience: Three (3) years of full-time, paid work experience supervising or managing professional staff in a Public Works, Planning, Industrial or Construction setting.
Substitution: Possession of a master's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Studies, Planning, Public Administration, Recreation or a closely related field that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
License: Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent, may be required.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE:
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Please fully list your work experience including current position. Failure to list current and complete work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended. Please provide the school's name, school's location, the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), and if applicable which major or program was completed (Engineering, Planning, etc.). Failure to completely list education within the job application will disqualify the applicant from consideration.
- College/university transcripts may be requested to verify completion of the required degree.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may either attach a copy to your application, fax a copy to 559-455-4788, Attn: Salvador Espino, or hand deliver a copy to our office.
- A Comprehensive Resume must be attached or submitted and received by the closing date/time or your application will not be accepted. You must either attach a copy to your online employment application, fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Salvador Espino or hand deliver a copy to our office. Late submission of documentation will not be accepted.
Depending on the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one or more of the processes listed below.
- Oral Examination - An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list effective for a minimum of 3 months (and may be extended up to an additional 12 months) and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline)
- Comprehensive Resume, You may attach a copy of your resume to your online application or fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, attn: Salvador Espino. Your resume must be received by the closing date/time of this recruitment or your application will not be accepted.
HOW TO APPLY:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Analyst: Salvador Espino