QUALITY IMPROVEMENT COORDINATORCOUNTY OF FRESNO
SALARY: $38.86 - $46.74 Hourly $3,109.00 - $3,739.00 Biweekly $6,736.17 - $8,101.17 Monthly $80,834.00 - $97,214.00 Annually OPENING DATE: 08/10/17 CLOSING DATE: Continuous POSITION DESCRIPTION: APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL IN HEALTHCARE QUALITY (CPHQ) CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS RECRUITMENT. The Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health is seeking experienced mental health professionals with quality improvement experience for the position of Quality Improvement Coordinator. The Quality Improvement Coordinator responsibilities include developing, implementing, and maintaining procedural systems that monitor quality of client care using federal, state, and local regulations governing quality assurance to ensure departmental compliance. Additionally, incumbents may supervise subordinate staff who lead or facilitate quality improvement activities. The Quality Improvement Coordinator is also responsible for overseeing the Quality Improvement Council, including its work plan and subcommittees as required by the State of California managed care plans. Note: The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as autorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules. Positions in this classification are in MEDICAL GROUP I - Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved. Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. SAMPLES OF DUTIES: Please click here to view the Samples of Duties. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Please click here to view the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Experience: Four (4) years of full-time, paid behavioral health work experience as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Psychologist, or Registered Nurse, two (2) years of which must have involved quality improvement experience. Licenses: Valid State of California license as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Psychologist, or Registered Nurse. Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent, may be required. Certification: Possession of a valid Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certificate issued by the National Association for Healthcare Quality. TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE:
• Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
• A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
• Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
• Failure to list current, complete and accurate work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) may result in the disqualification of your application.
• This position requires possession of a valid State of California license as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Psychologist, or Registered Nurse. Please provide your applicable license number in your application. Failure to list this information will result in the disqualification of your application.
• You must submit a copy of your valid Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certificate issued by the National Association for Healthcare Quality. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Keisha Ammonds; or hand deliver a copy to our office. SELECTION PROCESS: Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one or more of the processes listed below:
• Oral examination. An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
• Written examination. Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list effective for a minimum of 3 months (may be extended up to an additional 12 months), and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur. REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
• Supplemental Questionnaire.
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certificate (Copy) - You may attach a scanned copy to your application or fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Keisha Ammonds by the closing date and time of this recruitment; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline.