MEDICAL RECORDS COORDINATORCOUNTY OF FRESNO
SALARY: $30.19 - $38.61 Hourly $2,415.00 - $3,089.00 Biweekly $5,232.50 - $6,692.83 Monthly $62,790.00 - $80,314.00 Annually OPENING DATE: 09/28/17 CLOSING DATE: Continuous POSITION DESCRIPTION: APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY A REGISTERED HEALTH INFORMATION ADMINISTRATOR (RHIA) CERTIFICATE IS REQUIRED The Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health has an excellent career opportunity available for the position of Medical Records Coordinator. The Medical Records Coordinator responsibilities include planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating goals, objectives, standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating medical records services; maintaining liaison with other departments, state, federal, and public agencies; and interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, and evaluating subordinate staff. Note: The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules. Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I - Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved. Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. SAMPLES OF DUTIES: Please click here to view Samples of Duties. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Please click here to view Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system. Experience: Two (2) years of full-time, paid management or supervisory experience gained in an office
setting. Certification: Possession of a valid Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certificate issued by the American Health Information Management Association. License: Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent, may be required. TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE:
• Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
• A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
• Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
• Failure to list current, complete and accurate education/work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
• In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended. Please provide the school's name, school's location, the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), type of degree earned (bachelor's degree, master's degree, etc.) and which major or program was completed. Failure to completely list education within the job application will disqualify the applicant from consideration.
• If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Keisha Ammonds; or hand deliver a copy to our office.
• You must submit a copy of your Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certificate. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455- 4788, Attn: Keisha Ammonds; or hand deliver a copy to our office by the closing date/time of this recruitment; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline. SELECTION PROCESS: Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one or more of the processes listed below:
• Written Examination.
• Oral Examination - An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant. REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
• Supplemental Questionnaire.
• Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certificate (Copy) - You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Keisha Ammonds; or hand deliver a copy to our office by the closing date and time of this recruitment; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline. Applications must be submitted online only via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment.