Building OfficialCITY OF ORANGE COVE
THE City of Orange Cove is seeking a qualified Full Time Building Official starting hourly salary $21.82 to $26.53. Opened until filled. Please email your resume to June Bracamontes, City Clerk, at email@example.com
Orange Cove is a comfortable agricultural community located along the eastern foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Located within 4 hours drive of the San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles basin areas, the City lies 35 miles south east of Fresno and a 30 minute drive east of Freeway 99 in central California.
Building, Planning, Inspection & Engineering Department
The Building, Planning, Inspection & Engineering Department is administered by the City Manager. The plan checking and inspection services are primarily conducted by the City Engineer and Building Official. The City Engineer administers the City’s street capital improvements, traffic engineering programs, provides engineering support, and/or administration of other public works project.
The City Engineer also reviews development proposals by private developers to assure compliance with local codes and requirements.
- Continue to make the building inspection process more customer-oriented
- Develop small brochure which explains the building inspection process for distribution to customers
- Continue to train in-house staff in the area of planning and economic development
- Continue to work on efficient methods for code enforcement
- City Engineer shall continue to:
- Provide technical support for operation of wastewater and water treatment plans, sewer collection, and water distribution system
- Administer and design federal highway administration projects
- Provide the City with a capital improvement program for street maintenance