ACCOUNT TECHNICIAN III /ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTCITY OF ORANGE COVE
CITY OF ORANGE COVE
ACCOUNT TECHNICIAN III /ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Under direction, performs a variety of professional, technical, analytical, and administrative duties in
providing highly responsible staff assistance to City Department or Division head. Performs related
responsibilities as required.
Positions in this class perform a variety of duties with only occasional instruction or assistance.
Incumbents are expected to assist in program administration and /or assist in budget preparation and
administration. Specific duties of positions in this class may vary from each other depending upon the
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
• Performs research, statistical analysis and impact studies on administrative, fiscal, and operations issues
• Responds to inquiries and requests for information.
• Assists in tracking fiscal budget for the department to include various funds and monitor funding
• Assists in performing grant functions related to post award including budget and expense analysis,
periodic invoicing, financial reporting, reconciliations, and grant closeout procedures as required by
grand funding agency or contract.
• Provides staff support to Department Head, City Commissions, Board and Committees, including agenda
preparation, reports, and related duties.
• Assists in the coordination and administration of a department program.
• Provides operations assistance to Department Head as part of special assignments.
• Analyzes and reports on the budget status of various projects.
• Develops, maintains and analyzes project and program status/tracking systems to monitor progress,
efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
Class specifications are only intended to present a descriptive summary of the range of duties and responsibilities that are
associated with specified positions. Therefore, specifications may not include all duties performed by individuals within a
classification. In addition, specifications are intended to outline the minimum qualifications necessary for entry into the class
and do not necessarily convey the qualifications of incumbents within the position.
• Operates various computer applications to compile and analyze information.
• Assists in budget preparation, analysis and administration.
• Coordinates City-Wide activities with commissions, committees, and outside agencies.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Municipal governmental functions specifically related to project assignments.
• Principles and practice of organization and public administration.
• Municipal budget preparation and analysis.
• Accounting principles, procedures, and journal entry preparation.
• Applicable Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations regarding local government operations.
• Modern office methods including keyboard skills.
• Computer usage and applications
• Research, planning and statistical methods.
• Preparation of organizational and procedural studies
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Properly interpret and make recommendations in accordance with laws, regulations and policies.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with City employees, members of other agencies and the
gene office equipment including computers and calculators.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required
knowledge, skill and ability is qualifying. A typical way to obtain knowledge, skill and ability would be:
• One year responsible administrative and/or financial experience.
• Equivalent to Graduation with an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with
major work in public or business administration, finance or related field.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting and stooping in the
performance of daily activities. The position also requires repetitive hand movement and fine
coordination in data entry and preparing reports using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position
requires both near and far vision in reading written reports and work related documents. Acute hearing is
required when providing phone and personal service. The need to lift, drag and push files, paper and
documents weighing up to 25 pounds is also required.
Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and
requesting such accommodations.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class C California driver’s license.