PROGRAM MANAGER - GRANTSCITY OF MADERA
CITY OF MADERA
PROGRAM MANAGER - GRANTS
Under direction, performs professional administrative and program support duties related to grant funded
programs; develops, implements and administers grant funded activities through research, analysis and
preparation of proposals and reports; performs other related duties as required.
The Program Manager - Grants is a single position class in which the incumbent is expected to
independently perform the full scope of duties associated with needs identification, grant application and
grant administration for programs including home ownership, economic development, air quality,
rehabilitation and community development. This classification is distinguished from the Assistant City
Administrator class which has overall grants program responsibility as well as broader City-wide
Receives direction from the Assistant City Administrator. May exercise technical and functional
supervision over office support staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include but are not limited to the following)
• Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the activities of one or more program area, including grant
and proposal writing, program development, administration of grant funds, accounting and reporting.
• Supervises and oversees housing assistance programs; may conduct basic environmental reviews;
provides program monitoring and reporting.
• Conducts research into potential public and private grant and funding sources; writes grant proposals,
applications and letters of intent; develops and implements solicitation programs.
• Tracks grant proposals; coordinates contracts and documents; administers funds and develops
tracking, reporting and evaluation systems; maintains master files on grants and monitors all
paperwork connected with grant-funded programs; monitors sub-recipients.
• Coordinates assigned work with related activities by other City departments, governmental
organizations and public organizations; identifies interdepartmental cooperation opportunities.
PROGRAM MANAGER - GRANTS
• Attends various staff and community meetings serving as liaison and provides staff assistance to
various citizen and community interest groups; researches and identifies community needs that may
be addressed by available funding sources.
• Assists the City Administrator’s Office and other City departments with disseminating information;
represents the City Administrator’s Office on various City and intergovernmental committees.
• Conducts policy and legislative analyses; oversees a variety of special projects.
• Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations,
state/local agencies and associations, City management and staff, and the public.
For full details please visit us at: https://www.madera.gov/home/departments/human-resources/list-of-jobs/