The Purchasing Department is a profit-impacting department providing specialized skills and services for all other departments. The primary function is the effective utilization of available funds to maximize Casino profits; and to procure goods and services at the best cost and quality. The Purchasing function is centralized to provide effective control of contracts, negotiations, commitments, and general administration of suppliers at all levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop annual department budget and staffing needs.
- Ensure budget compliance throughout the year.
- Adequately staff the departments in order to achieve department mission with the assistance of Human Resources.
- Responsible for the administration of purchasing throughout the casino. Purchase requested items on a cost-effective and timely basis.
- Justify and approve all requisitions submitted by other Casino departments.
- Obtain the best price and service for the products or supplies purchased.
- Research new products and new vendors.
- Negotiate and purchase all basic supplies required for the daily operations of the Casino.
- Includes the purchasing maintenance and building materials, housekeeping supplies and equipment, and gaming products.
- Responsible for implementing cost reduction and efficiency improvement programs.
- Assist Food & Beverage with large volume purchases.
- Assist management when deemed necessary with special projects.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Purchasing Department through supervision and management of the staff.
- Directs all activities of Warehouse, Inventory Control, Shipping and Receiving Department
- Responsible for all inventories, including Food & Beverage, office supplies, and uniforms.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Directly supervises Shipping & Receiving supervisor, casino buyer, food buyer, and inventory analyst as well as their respective departments.
- May be used as an usher as needed by management for events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
• Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
• Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
• Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
• Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
• Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
• Serve as contributing Team Member of CGRC enhancing operations in all its business endeavors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Five years experience in purchasing supervision or management preferably in a service oriented environment. BA or BS in business or related field preferred.
Ability to comprehend basic instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints and communicate effectively with team members and supervisors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense reasoning to a variety of situations.
Basic knowledge of computers. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word required. Familiarity with procurement terminology is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The Employee is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Repetitive motion is involved utilizing a computer (keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment can vary from moderate to very loud when on the Casino floor or in the shipping & receiving warehouse.