General Accounting Manager
Responsible for ensuring that all accounting activities in the General Ledger and Payroll departments are performed effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform excellent customer service at all time
- Develops, trains, advises and supports the employees of Payroll and General Ledger.
- Directs the timely and accurate reporting of the financial position of the company.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by Team Members under his/her span of control.
- Monitors all financial activities on property, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the property.
- Reviews all journal entries prepared by Accountants, entering and posting entries as needed; reviews daily Cash-Flow Reports.
- Prepares and files tax returns for the property; prepares condensed financial statements for the Gaming Commission.
- Evaluates performance and progress in the Payroll, Accounts Payable, General Ledger Accounting and Financial Analysis Divisions of the Finance Department, adjusting performance standards and procedures as needed.
- Acts as a liaison to all other departments with respect to financial questions.
- Initiates wire transfers as needed.
- Ensures a maximum level of company-wide service and satisfaction, in the financial aspect of the business, is achieved and maintained.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all Employees under his/her span of control.
- Held accountable, to a very high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
- May be used as an usher as needed by management for events.
- Any reasonable request made by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
- Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
- Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
- Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guest and co-workers at all times.
- Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
- Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
- Serve as contributing Team Members of CGRC enhancing operations in all its business endeavors.
Directly supervises the activities of the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Financial Analysis Division of the Finance Department
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area from a four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation required. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate, with superior spreadsheet skills. Minimum of three years experience in accounting, preferably in the gaming industry, with progressive supervisory experience required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.