BSA Compliance Officer
The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Compliance Officer is responsible for coordinating the development, implementation and administration of all aspects of the casino-wide Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Compliance Program. This position monitors compliance with state and federal laws and regulations (including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and OFAC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop and/or revise policies, procedures, and programs in support of the administration of the casino’s BSA program;
- Oversee and ensure regular training programs for staff on BSA-AML policies and procedures;
- Investigate transactions that are suspicious in nature, and submit Suspicious Activity Reports for BSA-AML-related activities;
- Monitor and track BSA-AML high-risk customers and accounts. Manage the CTR process;
- Assist administration of anti-money laundering/OFAC software to monitor and report all BSA-related activities to management as directed;
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors, including regulatory examiners, during audits and examinations to provide requested information as well as interim consultation;
- Maintain proficient knowledge of applicable rules and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act, and OFAC;
- Examine established policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Stay current and informed with changes to federal and state banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of the casino.
- Coordinate with legal counsel and operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and services offerings.
- Oversee the revision, preparation, and dissemination of new and updated compliance standards and procedures.
- Coordinate, supervise, and support casino’s compliance-related programs, such as compliance training, compliance testing and reporting, disaster recovery, contingency planning, and records warehousing and destruction.
- Inform and advise management of conditions and status of establishment adherence to laws and regulations.
- Consult with and advise operating units and managers affected by compliance issues and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
- Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
- Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
- Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
- Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
- Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
- Serve as contributing Team Member of CGRC enhancing operations in all its business endeavors.
Directly supervises Compliance Staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in accounting, finance, or a related field required plus a minimum of two years of experience in a compliance leadership role required. Previous experience in a financial compliance role in a gaming environment required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license. Professional certification(s) required: Certified Gaming Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (GAMS), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified AML and Fraud Professional (CAFP) or ABA Certificate in BSA and AML Compliance, or commitment to complete within two (2) years. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Excellent organizational skills; superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to function both independently and in a team-oriented unit. Excellent project management and communication skills required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents, such as technical journals, reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inferences. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Above average proficiency in the use of computers using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds, in moving file boxes and equipment and auditing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently exposed to the risk of radiation through the use of computer work, cell phones and gaming machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. The employee may be exposed to a smoke-filled environment when on the casino floor.