Assistant Restaurant Manager
Assists the Restaurant Manager in ensuring maximum customer service and satisfaction by orchestrating through the Team Members, production of quality food and high standards of service. In absence of the Restaurant Manager, performs and is responsible for the duties of the Restaurant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all times.
• Assists Restaurant Manager in enforcing performance standards, policies, and procedures in accordance with the Company’s expectations.
• Assists Restaurant Manager for complying with all food and beverage health, liquor and safety regulations as well as all federal, state and local applicable laws.
• Maintains compliance with all regulations of health and sanitation standards as well as all applicable federal, state, local laws/ordinances; to include maintaining applicable food safety certification.
• Assists Restaurant Manager in scheduling, evaluating and training of the Team Members, ensuring staff’s compliance with all customer service standards.
• Ensures Restaurant floor operations are run in a smooth, efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Assists Restaurant Manager in reviewing and approves all recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, promote, discharge, evaluate, assign and discipline all Team Members in a fair and equitable manner.
• Maximizes cost effectiveness within the Restaurant by ensuring compliance with established budget, labor and Restaurant benchmarks.
• Listens to, evaluates and assures control of customer grievances.
• Monitors job performances of all the Team Members and provides feedback on same to aid the Team Members in developing and enhancing skills.
• Receives payment from food and beverage customers in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Adheres to established cash control policies and procedures of the Company.
• Adheres to all cashiering responsibilities.
• Confers with Restaurant Manager concerning operational deficiencies and areas in need of attention.
• Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Performs any reasonable request made by management.
• Ushers as needed by management for events.
Directly supervises Restaurant Supervisors; indirectly supervises all other Restaurant Team
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Four-year college degree in Business Administration or Restaurant Management preferred. One to two years’ supervisory experience in a restaurant Restaurant required. HS Diploma or GED Required.
Strong organization and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members.