PC/Educational Services Technician
Salary Classification: Classified Personnel-Range 24
Department(s): District Technology/Educational Services
Reports to: Management Information Systems Technician
Employment Status: Full time - 12 Month
Examples of Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as liaison with sites to aide in the implementation of instructional technologies.
- Support staff training of new technologies which advance curricular goals.
- Provide site assistance in identifying, troubleshooting and remedying technical issues on each campus.
- Research new technologies which advance district curricular goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Support the management, inventory and repair of technologies at all school sites.
- Propose and implement solutions to optimize both computer and network usage.
- May assist in network assessment and analysis, and inventory management.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Ability to work in an active classroom environment.
- Accurately and consistently track and report time sheets.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge in PC and network troubleshooting.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge with testing and repairing of laptops, handheld devices, ipads, Chromebooks, computers and other educational technologies.
- Ability to learn and maintain a variety of emerging educational technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of basic computer hardware and software applications.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge with desktop operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- PC and network troubleshooting experience.
- General maintenance, repair and operation of electrical equipment.
- Audio and video systems configuration.
- Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalency.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must pass a D.O.J. background check.
- Must pass a TB test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being Performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The district does not discriminate based on disabilities.