Truck Driver Instructor
POSITION: Truck Driver Instructor
SUPERVISED BY: County Center Director
SALARY: $19.00 - $23.00/HR, DOE, Regular, Full Time, Benefits including 401k
DATE POSTED: April 14, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 28, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the instruction of participants and competency compliance in the Truck Driving field.
Instructs and trains students for positions in the trucking transportation industry. The instructor will be responsible for developing
student skills, knowledge, and attitudes commensurate to the goals of the program and effectively using materials and
equipment to meet goals.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. Provide instruction in truck driving, parking and loading, safety guidelines, warehouse operation, transportation and
Department of Motor Vehicles regulations and policies and orientation to the trucking industry.
2. Prepare students to pass the DMV written and hands-on Class A driver test and provide students with the skills
necessary to safely and effectively operate heavy trucks. Prepare students for entry-level positions in the trucking
3. Maintain current and accurate records of participant progress and status.
4. Maintain clean and safe working areas and equipment.
5. Maintain inventory control systems on course tools and equipment and order supplies as necessary.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Any combination of 3-5 years education and work experience in the Truck Driving field equal to that required by
California State for Vocational Instructor Certification.
2. Excellent communication/computer skills.
3. Valid California Class A driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
4. Ability to comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) commercial driver’s license requirements.
1. Instructional/supervisory experience.
2. Bilingual English/Spanish
AFTER HIRE REQUIREMENTS
The hired candidate will be required to:
Keep current on all phases of truck driving industry developments and teaching techniques.
Complete continuing education units as required by California State Vocational Instructional Certification.
A completed CVOC application packet and a resume must be received to be considered for employment with CVOC.
See www.cvoc.org for an application packet. Employment application may also be obtained at a CVOC office. It is helpful
to include your email address on your resume.